Homelessness and positive action:
Who is this training aimed at?
Anyone who would like to gain a unique insight and further their understanding on this complex issue and gain practical information on how to help.
The training will include:
- Challenging the myths of homelessness
- The many causes of homelessness
- Homelessness and its impact on health and well-being
- Supporting the homeless – multi-agency interventions
- Supporting those with ‘no recourse to public funds’
- Signposting and safeguarding action
- Q&A – How you can best support your clients
This training will identify the complex support needs of homeless and vulnerably-housed people, and the support and interventions to meet those needs. You will be encouraged to reflect on how you can support and engage with people at risk of or who are experiencing homelessness.
Birmingham, like other cities and towns, has both a visible and an invisible homeless population. Many people see homelessness as a lifestyle choice, or the result of personal failings or moral weakness. The truth is quite different. Homelessness very often results from life events that have overwhelmed the individual.