Who can Volunteer
Who can volunteer?
Anyone above the age of 18 to 80 years can volunteer with SIFA Fireside. Everyone has something to offer including talent, life skills, time and commitment, which can be utilised within the organisation.
At SIFA Fireside, we have a diverse group of volunteers who have different skills and experiences and educational achievements. They will come from different backgrounds, with different motivations for volunteering. This might include:
- Placement volunteers who have little or no qualifications and want to develop their vocational experience
- Placement students
- People who want to volunteer in roles that are very different to their ‘paid’ work
- People who have retired and want to put skills and experience to good use
- People looking to build experience to get into paid work
- Employer supported volunteers
Volunteers play a key role at SIFA Fireside by supporting the delivery of core services and enabling staff to deliver specialist services.