The volunteers are split under the 5 strands as follows:
These are regular and committed volunteers who give their time freely to support SIFA Fireside services in return for an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Some tend to be equipped with transferable skills to carry out certain tasks and others take the opportunity to learn and develop new skills within a given job role.
We act as a host placement provider to further education and higher educational institutions to enable students to develop vocational experience in the health and social care sector, with the hope that they can be inspired and advance their knowledge and skills.
Peer Support Programme
This is a new and exciting initiative funded by DWP and is delivered in partnership with the Health Exchange. The scope of the project is to recruit people who have life experience and have been socially excluded but are now stable and work ready and willing to integrate back in mainstream settings and sharing their positive experience on overcoming and tackling barriers and improving health and well-being.
Many organisations have a corporate social responsibility programme to make a positive impact within their local community by offering the time of their staff members for volunteering.
- They usually partake in activities which are not their normal work duties and give back to the community.
- Some may deliver free specialist workshops based around their skills and knowledge for example budgeting, teaching computer skills etc., depending on the demand and needs of the client group.
Jesuit Volunteers (JVC)
These are young people who volunteer as part of their spirituality programme and are with the organisation for up to 12 months. They tend to undertake most tasks and help out where support is needed most.
Current volunteering opportunities:
We are privileged to have such a diverse pool of talented volunteer from different walks of life and are continually recruiting for volunteers to help deliver the following services to marginalised people:
- Supporting the busy breakfast and lunch service
- Sorting out clothes and food donations
- Supporting the clothes store
- Supporting events, PR campaigns
- Administration support
- Befrienders at weekend drop-in
- Fundraising events
- Assisting with desk support duties
- Assisting with activity group