Volunteering with SIFA Fireside is a great way to help the homeless and support our charity. Over 70 regular volunteers and hundreds of other volunteers support us every year and we couldn’t do without their help.
There are a number of different ways you can volunteer.
- Become one of our regular volunteers, helping in our kitchen and stores, supporting our Drop In centre activities, befriending, administration – all sorts!
- Join us on a placement from your college or university to develop vocational experience in the health and social care sector
- Become a peer volunteer – where former clients share their lived experience of overcoming barriers and improving health and well-being and support our clients
- Volunteer your professional skills and services such as legal, finance, IT or marketing (find out more about skills-based volunteering)
- Get your workplace involved in a team challenge, where teams of volunteers come in for a day to help in our kitchen and stores or to complete one off activities such as painting and decorating (find out more…)
- Become a volunteer fundraiser – organising and taking part in activities to help raise money for SIFA Fireside’s services for homeless and vulnerable adults (find out more…)
Our volunteers are an important part of the SIFA Fireside team. We make sure our volunteers are supported and fully briefed, and training is provided where needed. See what our volunteers say about their experience…
Interested? Find out more and apply…