Supporting your local charity and helping to tackle homelessness
For every £1 invested in SIFA Fireside, £9.77 is saved on public services*. Here are just some of the ways our service achieves this:
- Getting people off the streets and giving them the support and life skills needed to stay in tenancies
- Improving health and wellbeing, managing health conditions and reducing A & E attendances
- Reducing alcohol misuse and related hospital admissions
- Working with West Midlands Fire Service to improve safety in squats
- Working with Probation and West Midlands Police to tackle antisocial and offending behaviour.
*Social Return on Investment report, iSE 2013.
Here are a few ways you can help us to keep our services going:
Hold a fundraiser
A fundraiser doesn’t need to be huge! Something as simple as a curry night, coffee morning, sponsored walk or raffle will mean a great deal to us and our clients. Of course, you could do something really exciting such as sky-diving to raise some funds! We already have a number of exciting events throughout the year that you could take part in. Take a look at our Fundraising Events and Campaigns to see how you could get involved. If you fancy hosting your own event see our fundraising pack for more ideas.
Many of our service users live life out of a backpack, so by filling a rucksack with essentials for a rough sleeper you can go some way toward easing the challenges they face in their everyday lives.
Some examples of what would be most appreciated by a rough sleeper:
- A hat, gloves, socks, pants – any thermals would be great!
- Energy bars, chocolate, a bottle of water, soup and a spoon – maybe a thermos flask!
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant or shower gel
- Go BIG – include a sleeping bag and a mat.
Sometimes we find ourselves running low on a single item that is in high demand, so please email us to find out what would be really useful. We are usually most in need of sleeping bags, warm clothes and food. See our Donations page for details of what is most useful.
Keep it simple
Donations of cash are always greatly appreciated to help us keep our doors open all year round. The daily cost of opening the building and providing a full ‘drop in’ session (excluding staff & management costs) is £383 a day. You can donate by text or by clicking on the donate button at the top of the page. You can even give monthly by direct debit straight from your salary.
How can your organisation support us?
Support from business enables us to provide our much needed Drop In centre and day services, where we work with some of Birmingham’s most vulnerable adults: people who are homeless or vulnerably housed. If you would like to know how your business can get involved, why not take a look at our ‘Menu of Opportunities’ or contact us on 0121 766 1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org